|Tech Articles ID:||KB8019488|
|Reported In:||Adams (MD 2010) - Adams/Car|
|Environment:||Intel IA-32 (32-bit compat)|
How can I simulate the suspension characteristics and full-vehicle maneuevers for my FSAE vehicle with MD Adams/Car 2010?
To use this special Formula SAE (FSAE) database with MD Adams/Car 2010, follow one of these two approaches depending on your familiarity with Adams/Car:
(A) If you have never done this before, first be sure you have completed the Getting Started with Adams/Car tutorial (in the online Help) so you understand this product’s vehicle modeling & simulation paradigm, including the important role of subsystems, assemblies, communicators, & templates. Then read and follow the detailed steps contained in the FSAE_template_MD2010.pdf file attached to this article.
(B) If you have experience with Adams/Car, you may be able to follow these more concise steps:
1. Download the fsae_MD_2010.cdb.zip file attached to this article to a convenient directory where you will store your Adams/Car data.
2. Extract all those zipped files, being careful to maintain the same relative folder & file locations.
3. Start MD Adams/Car 2010 (in Standard mode, if prompted).
4. Select File >> Select Directory and browse to select the directory you used in Steps 1 & 2.
5. Click Tools >> Database Management >> Add to session
6. In the Add Database to Session window:
1. For the Database Alias, enter fsae_MD_2010
2. For the Database Path, click the adjacent File Navigator icon (which looks like a folder) and search to select the folder you created on your computer called fsae_MD_2010.cdb
7. Click OK
8. Click File >> Open >> Assembly
9. In the Open Assembly window, right-click in text field and select Search>> <fsae_MD_2010>/assemblies.tbl
10. Select any assembly – for instance, fsae_full_vehicle.asy and then click Open
11. The template may take a few moments to open, depending on your computer.
894K • 3 minute(s) @ 56k, < 1 minute @ broadband
Discuss this Tech Articles